Friday, June 27, 2008

More Plans


I had a little down time today at the VA. I'd been a little remiss about making the rest of the reservations... So I went online today to make reservations for Kyoto. EVERY HOTEL IN KYOTO WAS BOOKED FOR JULY 16th!!! I called Noby-san who told me that it is because that's when the BIGGEST festival in Japan is occurring: see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gion_Matsuri for details. In a near panic, I booked two of the only four beds available in the city. Thao and I will be staying at a hostel in Kyoto in an 18 bed dorm. On the good side, it's cheap and it's available. The reviews online were actually pretty good even.
So, the plan as it stands currently: arrive in Tokyo, Japan on July 12th, stay in Tokyo from the 12-15th, travel from Tokyo to Kyoto on July 15th, stay in Kyoto July 15-July 18th, take the train from Kyoto to Tokyo on the 18th, and fly out to Vietnam the same day.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Jess and Thao--Have an awesome time in Asia! I can't wait to see and hear all about it.